Monday, September 27, 2010

Insulation and Doors



This was a messy week! We are using a blown in cellulose insulation which is basically recycled newspapers. It gets sprayed on and somehow magically binds to itself. I had my doubts that the pile of crap below could turn into insulation - it wasn't even pink!
 But as you can see in the picture below, it cleans up nicely. In case you think we forgot about electrical and plumbing, there is actually a second layer of framing and insulation that will go in before the drywall goes on. The wires and pipes will therefore go in front of the vapour barrier and will prevent having any holes in it. Anyone else as impressed as I am with myself that I know all this?



The outside doors also all went on this week. This is the door to my studio/office. I wanted to put a neon "Do Not Disurb" sign in the window but that got vetoed!

Below is a little test corner of the wood siding. The darker colour will side the whole house with the lighter colour as the trim.

This coming week will see a lot of interior framing of the downstairs area and the stairs,  and probably some more siding. Electrical, plumbing, and HVAC is coming up soon.

1 comment:

  1. Assuming that’s true that by using the poly-iso board on the exterior you limit your wall drying capacity only to the interior.

    ReplyDelete

Followers